• Hello, everyone!

We're happy to welcome you to our new forum and invite you to become a member.

Here, you can ask any questions you may have about the Callfilter app to our team.

We're always happy to help!

Sincerely,
    The Callfilter.app Team

Instructions for using Cloud Wildcards

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Instructions for using Cloud Wildcards:

1. Make sure you are using a version of CallFilter.app that supports Cloud Wildcards (1.21.0 and newer)
2. Go to app's Settings and click on the Cloud Wildcards button:

1716469272053.png

3. Choose a suitable list of wildcards on the forum, if there is no suitable one - leave a request for creation or create one yourself.
4. Type the name of the list you want to use in the special field and click Load List. The name is one word before the colon:

1718609456174.png

5. If you have Internet access on your phone, the list will download successfully:

1718609332447.png

6. Activate online and offline modes of Cloud Wildcards, it is recommended to use them together. Online mode works faster and more reliable, offline mode provides insurance in case of Internet absence at the moment of call.

1716803609513.png

7. We recommend that you enable automatic updates. If the list author updates, corrects or adds to the list, it will be automatically downloaded to your phone.

That's it! Cloud Wildcards are set up and working on your phone!

What is Cloud Wildcards (from the announcement):

This feature allows you to use complex sets of rules (wildcards) in CallFilter.app to improve the quality of call blocking. Anyone can create such lists, and any CallFilter.app user can connect such a list to himself.

A reasonable question is why is it necessary?

This is a tool with great possibilities, there are many ways to use it. The most obvious way to use it right now is to block calls from outside your region. There are already cloud wildcard lists to block all calls from other countries or other regions and cities or states. In the coming weeks we will create and publish such lists for many countries.
Just enter the name of the list you want to use in the app and the quality of blocking will increase significantly, calls from foreign regions will be cut off automatically.

Want to receive only local calls? You got it!
Calls only from certain cities or states? No problem!
Need to block some phone codes? Consider it done!
Numbers starting with specific digits? Easy peasy!

Such lists can be created, modified and discussed collectively on our forum.

Last edited:
I can't get it to work
The correct name of the list is "OH", not "OH_only".
Aaah! I see the errors in the screenshots in the instructions. I apologize, I will replace the screenshots with the correct ones now.

During the beta testing phase the lists were named differently, but then we made their names shorter. But the screenshots are still the same.

Bonjour,
Peut-on charger plusieurs listes ?
Si oui, comment ?
Bonjour ! Il n'est pas possible d'utiliser plusieurs listes en même temps en raison de problèmes de performance sur certains téléphones portables. Mais ce n'est pas un problème, car vous pouvez créer une liste qui combinera 2 ou plusieurs autres listes.

Je peux vous aider, postez ici une description et je créerai une telle liste pour vous.

---------------

Hello, it's not possible to use multiple lists at the same time due to performance issues on some mobile phones. But this is not a problem because you can create a list that combines 2 or more other lists.

I can help you, just post a description here and I'll create such a list for you.

Back