• Hello, everyone!

We're happy to welcome you to our new forum and invite you to become a member.

Here, you can ask any questions you may have about the Callfilter app to our team.

We're always happy to help!

Sincerely,
    The Callfilter.app Team

(resolved) Malware detected on Call Filter Android App

giux

Dear Support,

I'm writing to you because this morning Avg Antivirus on my Android Samsung smartphone has detected a malware on Call Filter App (1.21.2 version).

I don't know if it is a false positive or not.

I attach a screenshot about it so you can check it.

Your App works very well and I wouldn't want to uninstall it but if was necessary I'll do it.

I hope you can reply to me about this issue.

Best Regards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240725_062750_AVG AntiVirus.jpg
    Screenshot_20240725_062750_AVG AntiVirus.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 4
Dear Support,

I'm writing to you because this morning Avg Antivirus on my Android Samsung smartphone has detected a malware on Call Filter App (1.21.2 version).

I don't know if it is a false positive or not.

I attach a screenshot about it so you can check it.

Your App works very well and I wouldn't want to uninstall it but if was necessary I'll do it.

I hope you can reply to me about this issue.

Best Regards.

Hello @giux ,

Our app is distributed through Google Play. Each new version goes through several levels of testing by Google before it is released. Therefore, the presence of viruses or malware in our app is excluded.

Nevertheless, I installed AVG Antivirus on our test phone, which already has the latest version of Callfilter.app installed, and ran a scan. The antivirus did not detect any malware.

Possible causes of the problem you are experiencing:

1. Callfilter.app is not installed from Google Play. Some dubious sites distribute viruses under the guise of well-known applications.

In this case, uninstall your version of the app and install the official version of Callfilter.app from Google Play.

2. There may be an error in the antivirus program.

In this case, update Callfilter.app to a newer version and the error should disappear. A new version of Callfilter.app is expected in the next few days.

Hello @giux ,

Our app is distributed through Google Play. Each new version goes through several levels of testing by Google before it is released. Therefore, the presence of viruses or malware in our app is excluded.

Nevertheless, I installed AVG Antivirus on our test phone, which already has the latest version of Callfilter.app installed, and ran a scan. The antivirus did not detect any malware.

Possible causes of the problem you are experiencing:

1. Callfilter.app is not installed from Google Play. Some dubious sites distribute viruses under the guise of well-known applications.

In this case, uninstall your version of the app and install the official version of Callfilter.app from Google Play.

2. There may be an error in the antivirus program.

In this case, update Callfilter.app to a newer version and the error should disappear. A new version of Callfilter.app is expected in the next few days.
Hello Admin,

thank you for your reply.

About 1. I can say on my smartphone I download and I install Apps from Google Play Store only and not from others sites
About 2. Callfilter.app I've installed is 1.21.2 version and it is lastest updated in Google Play Store.

Hello Admin,

thank you for your reply.

About 1. I can say on my smartphone I download and I install Apps from Google Play Store only and not from others sites
About 2. Callfilter.app I've installed is 1.21.2 version and it is lastest updated in Google Play Store.

In that case, it can only be a false positive. Try repeating the scan again immediately or after updating to a new version.

In that case, it can only be a false positive. Try repeating the scan again immediately or after updating to a new version.
Hello Admin,

I've uninstalled app, clean and reboot smartphone, installed again Callfilter App from Google Play but AVG Antivirus noticed me same message.

Hello Admin,

I've uninstalled app, clean and reboot smartphone, installed again Callfilter App from Google Play but AVG Antivirus noticed me same message.
Does this antivirus show any details? What exactly did it see in our app? What is the name of this virus? Any additional details?

Does this antivirus show any details? What exactly did it see in our app? What is the name of this virus? Any additional details?

Hello Admin,

I've not additional details about this issue other than screenshot I attached to open this thread.
I've done an antivirus full scan on my smartphone and I confirm it has updated definitions and it has not found virus, malware, etc.

I can attach antivirus log activity of yesterday when I uninstalled and installed again Callfilter App from Google Play Store.
I translate it from Italian language:

01_AVG AntiVirus.jpg -> Device scanned (automatic) - 03:18 - 1 threat found
02_AVG AntiVirus.jpg -> Malware detected! - 14:55 - CallFilter contains malicious code
(Same message you also see for 15:07 and 15:14 when I uninstalled and installed CallFilter App again).

Today I have not received any notifications like these.

Attachments

• 01_AVG AntiVirus.jpg
    01_AVG AntiVirus.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 02_AVG AntiVirus.jpg
    02_AVG AntiVirus.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 2
@giux ,

thank you very much for the detailed information. Today we have sent requests to Avast and AVG Antivirus support services. And if the issue is not resolved promptly, we will also send a complaint to Google, as such a false definition of malware violates the rules of placing apps in Google Play.

I will post updates on this situation in this thread.

Update on the problem as of Monday morning (29.07):

1. We received a template response from AVG Antivirus Support and informed them that we are not satisfied with this solution.
2. We are preparing a complaint to Google, as such actions by AVG Antivirus harm other developers and violate the rules of the Developer Program Policy.

Hello Callfilter.app,

Thank you for contacting AVG.

My name is Devi, and I'm on the AVG Customer Care Team.

I understand that you recently received a notification stating that the Callfilter.app was detected as malware by our program while scanning using AVG Antivirus, and I appreciate the time and effort you took to share the screenshot with us. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and assure you that we will be here to address and resolve this issue immediately.

I request you to check if the AVG Antivirus app is updated to latest version. To do so, please follow the steps given below :

• Open the Google Play Store app .
  • At the top right, tap the profile icon.
  • Tap Manage apps & device. Check if any update is available for AVG Antivirus app.
  • If yes, then Tap Update.
Once after updating the app, please run a scan on your device and check for the issue.
If the issue persists, I would like to inform in rare cases, AVG Antivirus may detect and mark a clean file as malware. You can report false detections to AVG Threat Labs directly from the scan results screen:

• Tap ⋮ More options (three dots) next to the detected file that you want to report.
  • Select the Report as false positive option.
  • Type a description of the issue and enter your email address
  • Tap Send.
Once again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know. I'm here to help.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Devi Ravikumar
AVG Customer Care Team

@admin

Thank you. I will wait your updates.

There's a solution!

We have released an emergency update, version 1.21.9. Please everyone update and run an antivirus scan.

I've checked this version with AVG Antivirus, Avast and Avira - no problems found.

What has been done: Many developers have already encountered this problem. The symptoms are the same for all of them - mass false positives of antivirus apps start. We've tried all the solutions we could find on the Internet, one after another. This solution worked: we updated Android Studio and all the tools to the latest versions and tried to compile the app.

There's a solution!

We have released an emergency update, version 1.21.9. Please everyone update and run an antivirus scan.

I've checked this version with AVG Antivirus, Avast and Avira - no problems found.

What has been done: Many developers have already encountered this problem. The symptoms are the same for all of them - mass false positives of antivirus apps start. We've tried all the solutions we could find on the Internet, one after another. This solution worked: we updated Android Studio and all the tools to the latest versions and tried to compile the app.

Hello @Oliver,

thank you for your updates.

Yesterday I've updated CallFilter App to 1.21.9 version.
Few moments ago I've read your updates and I've done a full antivirus scan. It's ok and I've not received malware notices.

Thank you for your help after I've opened this thread.

Back