• Hello, everyone!

We're happy to welcome you to our new forum and invite you to become a member.

Here, you can ask any questions you may have about the Callfilter app to our team.

We're always happy to help!

Sincerely,
    The Callfilter.app Team

Help to explain behaviour of skip (=)

XSF

I have a question for the Admins.

What is the difference in behaviour, if any, if you explicitly add a wildcard to skip a code, as opposed to not skipping a code.
For example, is there any difference in behaviour between these versions below?

Version 1:
+2*
+3*=
+4*

Version 2:
+2*
+4*

Version 3:
+2*
+3*=
+31*+

Put another way, I am guessing that if I received a call from +311, the call would go through AND the App would ask me if I want to apply any rule to it, regardless of which version of rules I applied from above. Is my assumption of how the "+3*=" behaves in my example?

Thanks in advance.

I have a question for the Admins.

What is the difference in behaviour, if any, if you explicitly add a wildcard to skip a code, as opposed to not skipping a code.
For example, is there any difference in behaviour between these versions below?

Version 1:
+2*
+3*=
+4*

Version 2:
+2*
+4*

Version 3:
+2*
+3*=
+31*+

Put another way, I am guessing that if I received a call from +311, the call would go through AND the App would ask me if I want to apply any rule to it, regardless of which version of rules I applied from above. Is my assumption of how the "+3*=" behaves in my example?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you are completely right!

Let's break down the examples: (+311)

Version 1:

Rule checking is performed sequentially, from the first to the last. On the second rule (+3*=) the app will stop checking and skip the number.

Version 2:

Rule 1 and rule 2 will be checked, both of them are not suitable, the call will be skipped further.

Version 3:

A match will be found on the second rule (+3*=), the app will stop checking and the call will be skipped.

But if there were a version 4:

+2*
+31*+
+3*=

then the check would reach the second rule (+31*+), a match would be found and the +31*+ rule would be triggered. I.e. the call would be marked as approved (green)

Last edited:
The "*=" rule skips the number for further checking against the main app base. And if there is no match there, such number will be displayed in yellow.

Exactly the same behavior will be in case if no rule matches the number being checked.

In most cases, the "*=" rule is used to skip some numbers before blocking a wider range of numbers.

Reactions: XSF
Back